What is your age? Trying to determine our demographis to adjust!

Monday, September 3, 2012

Gridiron Glory

Following a great Saturday filled with BBQ, swimming, beer, great times, friends and loved ones, and endless meat and sweets, I woke up feeling apprehensively confident about getting Sunday back on track (instead of it becoming a total three day lipid landslide), and reinging order back into my lazy holiday weekend. 

Looking at no gym, no weights, no treadmills or battle ropes, no tires, no tv screens on cardio equiptment, no water coolers, no sweat and eucalyptus towels, and NO disinfectant spray...(do you get my drift?  Stop living the lavish gym experience and get your ass down and dirty, no frills, just getting shit done.)

I was equipped with myself, my trusty G-Shock watch that has been to Hell and back with me, day in and day out, and a field; lucky for me a partially lined practice football field, o those days...

So I suited up, in my shirtless self, ready to get my hands dirty (literally).  Surrounded by greenery, calm skies, and half chewed mouthpieces (belonging to the junior varsity scout team star running back who got his clock cleaned for the sake of the team).

So, I got it going, and got shit done.  I even managed to hit the single man football sled a few times (and I must say, I would have rode the pine after my pitiful deput following my 6 year hold out).

Dynamic Warm-Up: 5min
Power Flow with Bodyweight Travelling Movements: 10min

Gridiron "Glory Days": 18-21min (3 rounds)
-Walking Lunge x20yds (pictured)
-Burpee Jumps x5 (pictured)
-Travelling Lateral Plank x10yds
-Travelling Lateral Plank (other side) x10yds
-Burpee Jumps x5
-Broad Jump x10yds (pictured)
-Burpee Jumps x5
-Sprint x50yds
-Jog (back to goaline to reset) x100yds
-Rest x60-90sec
-REPEAT

CMC Specific Cardio: 25min
2.5mi Road Run (valleys, hills, dips, and greenery...Oh NJ)




No comments:

Post a Comment