What is your age? Trying to determine our demographis to adjust!

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Game Day in the Gym

If these words are moving on the screen it means you may have been tailgating a little excessively today. I know you all are busy watching all the college games on today so I will keep this short. Woke up today ready to attack the day so that's what I did.

Morning Workout
~10 min Aerodyne 30 fast/30 slow
~4x10 DB military press
~100 x BB Bench @ 135# w/5x10 snatch pull @ 135#

~21-18-15-12-9-6-3  -  7:08
75# Push press
75# SDLHP (Sumo Deadlift High Pull)

~4x10 95# BB Row/GHD Sit ups

Afternoon Workout
~10 RFT (Rounds For Time) - 14:31
15 x Deadlift @ 135#
15 x Push Up

~Muscle Ups/Handstands/DUs/Abs

Basketball

This morning we worked on a lot of pressing and we kept it light since well, today was a light day. The WOD for the morning was a smoker. I beat my last time on that workout by about 2 minutes, progress! I finished up the morning with some Bent Over BB Rows to balance out the pressing and threw in some abs as well.
When the afternoon session came along I wanted to do something that would keep the pushing and pulling even so I landed on Deadlifts and Push Ups. Ended up doing a 150 of each during that workout and as Mike has done lately I added up my weight moved during that workout. 150 reps at 135 pounds equals 20,250 pounds. I like the way that looks. After that WOD I spent about a half an hour working on Handstands, Double Unders, Muscle Ups, and throwing in Abs as well. After the second session I felt great even though my body was pretty much spent. I went out to the basketball courts and shot around for a while and then called it a day.
I'll spare you a quote today as I'm sure you've heard plenty of motivational phrases/speeches during all the football coverage today. Enjoy the rest of the games and eat whatever you want...just remember it all tomorrow at the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment