What is your age? Trying to determine our demographis to adjust!

Saturday, September 15, 2012

R.A.W. Training Experience

I am officially on vacation as of noon yesterday. After a long day at Atlanta Airport I arrived back in Pittsburgh. I spent the night with my brother, sister, and sister-in-law as we had a nice cheat meal (there will be a lot of those on vacation) at a place called Burgatory. Great burgers and shakes but a little heavy on the calories. This morning I went to R.A.W Training, the CrossFit gym my brother and his wife go to. They competed in the CrossFit Games this year in the team division and came in 5th overall, not too damn bad.

We conducted a dynamic warm-up and did some agility and core drills to start the day off. Today's workout was a team workout, and there were about 30-40 people there. They broke us up into teams of 3 and this was our workout:

5000m Row
100 Deadlifts @ 225#
100 Hand Stand Push Ups
100 Sumo Deadlift High Pulls @ 88# KB
100 Single Arm KB Overhead Squat @ 35#
100 Pull Ups
Max Reps of 40 yd Sled Pushes w/2 45# plates

The workout was set up like so - 1 athlete would row while the other 2 teammates worked on the Deadlifts. Every 2 minutes the athlete on the rower would switch with 1 of the other athletes. This continued until all 5000 meters were completed and then all 3 athletes continued to work on the remaining repetitions of the exercises. Once the Pull Ups were complete we moved onto the turf field for the Sled Pushes. There was a 35 minute time limit to complete all this.

This was my first team workout and I liked it a lot. It's a great change of pace from just working out by yourself or with a partner. There is a lot of teamwork and camaraderie between your team and the other teams as well. If you ever get a chance to participate in a team workout I would definitely recommend it.

Started the day off with a great workout and then finally arrived back in my little hometown of Linesville for some home cooked food. Don't expect a whole lot from me tomorrow, I plan on laying on the floor with my dog and watching football all day.

Hey, don't hassle me okay. I'm on vacation!

2 comments:

  1. Man Son! I love this. Enjoy time home my man! Gonna try this one out. Off to run in Central Park with my mini J2Fit"er" Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got an adult content warning from google trying to access this page. Just an FYI. Thanks for the review

    ReplyDelete