What is your age? Trying to determine our demographis to adjust!

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Terrible Tuesday: Part Duece

So I went back to the gym today for session number 2. This time I had a partner, my Ranger Buddy and workout partner down here in Georgia, Lucas. We are pretty comparable in terms of ability although he has his strengths and I have mine. The right workout partner is definitely an asset in the gym. Having someone there to push you and compete with makes you work for that last rep or go one more round. You just have to be careful that you don't push each other into getting hurt. Lucas is definitely good at getting me to push and compete against him and make myself better so its always a good time when we are able to workout together.

Here is the second workout of the day:

Started with some more Muscle Up and Kipping Handstand Push Up work
3 x 30 sec Max Rep Snatch
2 x 30 sec Max Rep Snatch (increased weight)

Every Minute on the Minute (EMOM) - 5 minutes
3 x Snatch with 3 Ring Pull Ups

3 x 10 Romanian Deadlift with 3 x 5 Piston Squat each leg

Incline Bench - 5 rounds
Each round consists of 5 reps at a light weight, 5 reps at a medium weight, 5 reps at a heavy weight

This second workout had a lot more volume than this morning so we took about twice as much time stretching out at the end, especially with the shoulders. I followed up the workout with a protein shake, my favorite post workout drink. Right now I'm finishing up a bag of Progenex Recovery Protein, It's delicious yet pretty expensive.
And as Mike stated earlier, we have added two new fitness junkies to the team, Mike and Brianna. Be sure to check back often for their posts and the development of this great J2Fit team!

No comments:

Post a Comment