What is your age? Trying to determine our demographis to adjust!

Friday, August 31, 2012

Morning PMS and Afternoon Beastmode

So this a.m. started with me rolling out of bed 5 minutes earlier than alarm, so I was ready to conquer the world.  I had some cancellations, so I said, "I will workout for me clients, win win!".  Not best idea.  I was a male in top notch PMS form once I arrived at the gym.  Apparently I rush my morning (similiar to when you wake up after a night out and think you aren't hung over, and it then hits you an hour later after you already got up starting to actually do things...). So fast-forward, and welp, I still managed to get 45 minutes in, crush a PR, all while being a huge diva B.  Only one way to do things, set out to accomplish your goal (mine for this morning was PR on BB Deadlift) and to always get shit done.

Workout 1: 45 mins
1. BB Deadlift 3x5/3/1
2. Lazy Cardio: Elliptical x30min (yea, it was that kind of morning.  If you know me, I am a strong believer high intensity bouts, not long, lazy, time inefficient, and lackluster result cardio...)

However, given 5 hours to clean the sand out, and 3 espressos later....mmmmmmmmm (my new vice), I was dying to have redemption.  So....

Workout 2: 70mins
Part I = Power Yoga and Flow: 15 mins
1. Body weight Squat - Walk out plank x10
2. Down Dog - Chataranga Push-up x10
3. Plank Step out w/ Arm reach x10/side
4. Body weight Sumo Squat x10
5. "Levitated Quadruped Hold" x1min
6. " " w/ Alternating Single Leg Glute-Hip Extension x10/side
7. " " Thrust Plank x20
8. Forward Bear crawl (10yd) - "jog (10yd) - sprint (10yd) - jog (10yd)"
9. Lateral Bear crawl (10yd) - " "
10. Lateral Bear crawl (10yd) - " "
11. Crab walk (10yd) - " "
12. Reverse crab walk (10yd) - " "
13. Frog Hops to Hand Stand (10yd) - " " x2

Part II = DB Destroyer: 24 mins
1. DB Plank Row w/ openers x10/side
2. DB weighted V Up x20/leg
3. Plyo Push Up - Plank Step out - Single Leg Kick Through (*I love this move) x10/side
4. DB Turkish Get Up (Floor to High Hip Raise Only) x15/side
5. Plyo Body weight Split Squat Alternating Jumps x10/side
6. Weighted Burpee - Dual clean Press jumps x5
7. Rest 2mins
REPEAT 3X

Part III = Row Rampage: 21 mins
1. Rowing 30sec AFAP:30sec active recovery x3 (3min total)
2. KB (24kg) SL RDL - SA Clean - Drop Lunge x4/side
3. KB (24kg) Power Swing x8
4. KB (24kg) SA Row
5. Rest 2mins
REPEAT 3X

Part IV = Foam Rolling Cooldown: 10min

There you have it, a great ending to a work day and a perfect beginning to holiday weekend. Enjoy yours. Get out, get a workout in.  Go move, use what is yours, and live. Fitness freedom is what you make it, so don't take anything for granted. Chow!

No comments:

Post a Comment