What is your age? Trying to determine our demographis to adjust!

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Terrific Tuesday's Tree-Trunk Thighs

As one may have assumed, yes, today was leg day. Yet again,5/3/1 methodologies, as well as sport specific training found its way into my workout with some new twists, and some good old friends. However, don't be discouraged, I had my client jump in along side, and bust out just as many ass to the ground squats, hip thrusting swings, and ball / ovary busting box jumps as me....if not more, ha.

Warm-up = Foam Rolling (Myofascial Release) and Dynamic Running Warm-up

1a. Barbell Squat 3 x 5 (5/3/1 methods)
1b. Kettle bell American Overhead Swings 3 x Max reps in 90seconds
2a. Kettle bell Overhead Walking Lunge 3 x 20 steps
2b. 24 in Box Jumps 3 x 20
2c. Kneeling Ab Wheel Roll Out 3 x 20
3a. 24 in Back Loaded Barbell Step Up 3 x 15

Cardio = 1 mile timed run followed by incline walking (***Note, inclined walking is great way to increase cardiovascular fitness, lower body endurance, and core control, with less impact forces on joints, hence I build this in 1 x / week in place of road running...and trust me, jack that incline up to 15% and walk 3.0-3.5mph, and give me a call...ask my colleague Sonny, I was like a suckling pig when I spoke with him during my "walk").

Anywhooo, there ya have my Tuesday.  Now off to train the people who make me click, you guys! (Well my clients, who are no different than you or me, just realize that we all fall somewhere on the continuum of health.)

Manhattan Mike's Words to Chew On:
"We all are born small and weak,
And we will all one day will die small and weak.
However it is what we do in between that defines what and who we are now, will become, and will have been."
-Anonymous

1 comment: